Skip to content

Landmark & Heritage Meeting Minutes – January 2023

January 23, 2023

A meeting of the Brusly Landmark and Heritage Commission was held on Monday January 23, 2023, at Brusly Town Hall, Brusly, Louisiana. Chairman Rills called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM. Commissioner Bourgeois led the Pledge of Allegiance. A roll call determined the following:
Commission Chairman:                          Jim Rills
Commission Members Present:             Billy Bourgeois, Margaret Canella, Edward Dupuy, Brian Falcon,                                                                      Henry Soniat
Commission Members Absent:              Brian Parsons
Advisory Members Present:                   None
Advisory Members Absent:                    Scarlet Callicoatte, Billy Hebert
Others present:                                      Joanne Bourgeois

Upon motion by Commissioner Soniat; seconded by Commissioner Falcon, the minutes of the October 17, 2022, meeting were unanimously approved as written.

Landmark Plaque Applications:
Ms. Joanne Bourgeois narrated a slide presentation accompanying a Landmark Plaque application for the following residences:
• 806 E. Main St. – currently owned by Claude & Elizabeth Haydel;
• 1810 Allene St. – built in 1972, currently owned by Gerald & Sandra Fitzgerald;
• 2070 Allene St. – built in 1971, currently owned by Jerry & Carol Deshotel;
• 1826 Allene St. – built in 1968, currently owned by Jim & Earline Guidry
Upon the conclusion of the presentation, a motion to recommend the homes to the Town Council as Landmark Plaque recipients was made by Commissioner Soniat; seconded by Commissioner Canella. The motion passed unanimously.

Former Landmark Site Applications: None

Other Business: None

Public Comment: None

A motion was made by Commissioner Soniat to adjourn; seconded by Commissioner Bourgeois. The motion passed with a unanimous vote. Commission Chairman Rills adjourned the meeting at 7:47 PM.

/s/Patricia Gaudet Thibodaux, Secretary

Back To Top