MINUTES OF THE BRUSLY LANDMARK & HERITAGE COMMISSION October 17, 2022 A meeting of the…
Minutes of the Brusly Landmark & Heritage Commission – January 28, 2013
A meeting of the Brusly Landmark and Heritage Commission was held on Monday January 28, 2013, Brusly Town Hall, Brusly, Louisiana.
Chairman Rills called the meeting to order at 6:30 P.M. Commissioner Bourgeois led the Pledge of Allegiance. A roll call determined the following officials present:
Commission Chairman: Jim Rills
Commission Members: Billy Bourgeois, Rose Jackson, Sara Grady, Shirley Jordan, Henry Soniat
Advisory Members: Brian Falcon, Kevin Durbin, Billy Hebert
Absent: Margaret Canella
Others present: Joanne Bourgeois
Upon motion of Commissioner Jackson; seconded by Commissioner Bourgeois, the minutes of the October 15, 2012 meeting were approved as written.
Chairman Rills welcomed Mr. Billy Hebert as the newest Advisory Board Member of the Landmark & Heritage Commission.
Landmark Plaque Applications:
Ms. Joanne Bourgeois presented the following applications for Landmark Plaques:
• Shirley Guidry Property 958 W. Main St.
• Shirley Guidry Property 1222 W. Main St.
• Kevin & Charity Berthelot Property 138 Hebert St.
A motion to recommend the Guidry Property at 958 W. Main St. to the Town Council as a Landmark Plaque Recipient was made by Commissioner Grady; seconded by Commissioner Jordan. The Motion passed unanimously. This home was built by Wilbert and Rome Morales in the 1950s.
A motion to recommend the Guidry Property at 1222 W. Main St. to the Town Council as a Landmark Plaque recipient was made by Commissioner Grady; seconded by Commissioner Bourgeois. The motion passed unanimously. This was known as “Mrs. Lulu’s House,” that is, Inez Thibodeaux Dupuy Mollo, mother of Elaine Douthitt for whom Elaine St. is named. Elaine Dupuy Douthitt donated that part of her property for the street.
A motion to recommend the Kevin and Annie Berthelot Property at 138 Hebert St. to the Town Council as a Landmark Plaque recipient was made by Commissioner Bourgeois; seconded by Commissioner Jackson. The motion passed unanimously. This was the home of “Mrs. Sis,” Lucille March Landry LeGlue.
Chairman Rills conducted a discussion about previous Plaque recipient’s compliance with the Ordinance.
Ms. Joanne Bourgeois asked if Commission Members wished to pursue markers for sites where former Landmarks were once located. Following discussion, Commissioner Bourgeois offered a motion to recommend to the Town Council that markers be placed on former Landmark sites, with owner permission; seconded by Commissioner Jordan. The motion passed unanimously.
A motion was made by Commissioner Bourgeois to adjourn; seconded by Commissioner Jackson. The motion passed with a unanimous vote. Commission Chairman Rills adjourned the meeting at 7:03 P.M.
Patricia Gaudet, Secretary