Skip to content
Legacy Walk, Town of Brusly History

1835 – St. John the Baptist Catholic Church established

1854 Streets laid out in Brusly Landing – include 1854 map
1870 – Texas & Pacific Railroad developed
1880 – Organized education developed – Sisters of St. Joseph, Eureka Central (grades 1-10); one-room school (Excelsior)
1880 – Some land taken along the river due to Mississippi River changing its course

1884 Union Baptist Church formally Chartered

Back To Top