MINUTES OF THE BRUSLY PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION MEETING October 26, 2022 The regular meeting…
Town Planning & Zoning Meeting Minutes – Wednesday, February 23, 2011
MINUTES OF THE BRUSLY PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION MEETING
February 23, 2011
A regular meeting of the Brusly Planning & Zoning Commission was held on Wednesday February 23, 2011 in the Council Chambers, Brusly Town Hall, Brusly, Louisiana. Vice Chairman Carroll Fontenot called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Members present: Jules Thibodaux, Carroll Fontenot, Rosa Stelly, Gary Soniat.
Members absent: Shane Sarradet, Steve Perkins, Claudette Purnell.
Others present: Marianne Berthelot, Mayor Joey Normand,
Joanne Bourgeois, Butch Plauche, Cletus Langlois,
Woody Triche, Dane D’armond, Mike Martinez.
Upon motion by Mrs. Stelly seconded by Mr. Thibodaux, the Minutes of the January 26, 2011 meeting were approved as written.
1) 1651 Allene Street. A Public Hearing was held on the request of Mr. Joel P. Tingle to re-subdivide two existing parcels of property being a 103.5’ x 192’ portion of Parcel 1 of the Original W. C. Currie, Jr. Property and an 80.5’ x 192’ lot being existing Parcel 2 of the original J. Valery Leray Lot into Lots T-1 and T-2.
Mr. Woody Triche, Surveyor was present to represent Mr. Tingle. There was no objection to this request.
Mr. Thibodaux made a motion to recommend approval of this resubdivision of property. Mrs. Stelly seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
1) Ordinance No. 1 of 2011: A Public Hearing was held to obtain views regarding the amendment of Chapter 19 of the Code of Ordinances of the Town of Brusly to create a Traditional Neighborhood Development (TND) District.
Mr. Cletus Langlois, Surveyor and representative for H. L. Laws was recognized. He showed a subdivision plan for a Traditional Neighborhood Development proposed for H. L. Law’s property along West St. Francis Street and surrounding the Brusly Elementary School on South Labauve. He advised members that about 90% of the proposed development is on property outside of the town limits and will be governed by the Parish Traditional Neighborhood Development Zoning Ordinance. The remaining 10% of the proposed development is on property that is within the town limits and they are requesting that the Town create an ordinance using the Parish Ordinance as an example. Members were previously supplied with copies of the Parish Ordinance and were familiar with it. There was no objection to this proposal.
Mrs. Stelly made a motion to recommend approval of Ordinance No. 1 of 2011 creating a zoning district for Traditional Neighborhood Development (TND). Mr. Soniat seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
There was no other business to come before the Planning and Zoning Commission.
Mr. Thibodaux made a motion to adjourn. Mr. Soniat seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
The meeting of the Planning & Zoning Commission adjourned at 6:45 PM.
Marianne Berthelot, Secretary