MINUTES OF THE BRUSLY PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION MEETING October 25, 2023 The meeting of…
MINUTES OF THE BRUSLY PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION MEETING
February 22, 2012
A regular meeting of the Brusly Planning & Zoning Commission was held on Wednesday February 22, 2012, 2012 in the Council Chambers, Brusly Town Hall, Brusly, Louisiana. Chairperson Rosa Stelly called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Members present: Jules Thibodaux, Ronda Perrault, Rosa Stelly, Jeff Travasos,
Gary Soniat, Claudette Purnell, Steve Perkins.
Members absent: None
Others present: Marianne Berthelot, Mayor Joey Normand, Joanne Bourgeois,
Don Neisler, Tom Acosta, Fish Kershaw, Cletus Langlois,
Butch Plauche, Aaron Daniels, Jim Tatum, Donnie Jarreau,
and several residents of Oak Shadow Subdivision and
Upon motion by Mr. Travasos seconded by Mrs. Perrault, the Minutes of the January 25, 2012 meeting were approved as written.
1) PETITION TO AMEND THE ZONING MAP OF THE TOWN OF BRUSLY- 401 E. MAIN STREET. Mr. Aaron Daniel was present to discuss the planned application to subdivide and rezone his property at this address. His request will be submitted to the Town Council for introduction of ordinance.
2) PUBLIC HEARING – Re-Zoning Request: Harry L. Laws, Inc. requesting rezoning of 45.05 Acres, Stonewall Plantation, located in Section 58, T-8-S,R-12-E, Southeastern Land District West of the Mississippi River, Town of Brusly, State of Louisiana. From R-1 (Single-Family Residential) to TND (Traditional Neighborhood Development).
Mr. Cletus Langlois with Patin Engineers & Surveyors discussed the General Implementation Plan and answered questions from commission members and the public. Items discussed: number of proposed lots; number of streets connecting to Ory Drive; drainage; infrastructure; increase in traffic; impact on schools; garbage pick up; number of proposed commercial lots.
There were no further questions and no objections to this request. The Public Hearing was closed at 7:20 PM.
Mr. Thibodaux made a motion to recommend approval of the rezoning of the 45.05 Acres, Stonewall Plantation, from R-1 (Single-Family Residential) to TND (Traditional Neighborhood Development). Mr. Soniat seconded the motion and it carried unanimously with a roll call vote of seven yeas.
1) PUBLIC HEARING – SUBDIVISION: A certain tract or parcel of land designated as 3.467 Acre Tract, located in Section 58, T8S, R12E, Southeastern Land District, West of the Mississippi River, Town of Brusly, Parish of West Baton Rouge, State of Louisiana containing 151,027 Square Feet (3,467 Acres) as shown on “Stonewall Plantation Conceptual Site Plan” by Patin Engineers & Surveyors, Inc. dated November 30, 2011.
Mr. Cletus Langlois with Patin Engineers & Surveyors reviewed the Specific Implementation Plan which included the Preliminary Plat of the first phase of the Traditional Neighborhood Development. Items discussed: number of lots; number and placement of fire hydrants, type of lighting; homeowners association formation; storm water detention.
Mrs. Stelly closed the public hearing at 7:35 PM.
Mr. Thibodaux made a motion to recommend approval of the Preliminary Plat submitted with the Specific Implementation Plan. Mrs. Perrault seconded the motion and it carried unanimously with a roll call vote of seven yeas.
2) VARIANCE REQUEST – RIVER MILL RESERVE ZERO LOT LINE DEVELOPMENT
Mr. Jim Tatum with Tatum Engineers explained that Ace Holdings LLC. is requesting a blanket waiver for lots 14 – 23 of the development for installation of privacy fencing on the 15’ servitude along the eastern property line.
There was no objection to this request.
Mr. Soniat made a motion to recommend approval of the variance. Mr. Travasos seconded the motion and it carried unanimously upon a roll call vote of seven yeas.
1) Mrs. Stelly asked the Mayor to give an update on the revisions to the Planning & Zoning Commission
There was no other business to come before the commission.
Mrs. Perrault made a motion to adjourn. Mr. Perkins seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
The meeting of adjourned at 7:45 PM.
Marianne Berthelot, Secretary