MINUTES OF THE BRUSLY PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION MEETING August 23, 2023 The meeting of…
MINUTES OF THE BRUSLY PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION MEETING
APRIL 28, 2010
A regular meeting of the Brusly Planning & Zoning Commission was held on Wednesday April 28, 2010 in the Council Chambers, Brusly Town Hall, Brusly, Louisiana. Chairman Sarradet called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Members present: Carroll Fontenot, Shane Sarradet, Gary Soniat, Steve Perkins, Claudette Purnell.
Members absent: Rosa Stelly, Jules Thibodaux.
Others present: Marianne Berthelot, Mayor Joey Normand, Joanne Bourgeois, Chris “Fish” Kershaw, Tom Acosta, George “Skipper” Grady.
Upon motion by Mr. Fontenot, seconded by Mrs. Purnell, the minutes of the February 24, 2010 meeting were approved as written. The March 24, 2010 meeting was cancelled due to lack of a quorum.
Chairman Sarradet opened the public hearing for Ordinance #1 of 2010.
Mayor Normand was recognized. He acknowledged that the commission members were provided with copies of the ordinance to study and review prior to the meeting. He read an opening statement and gave a broad overview of the proposed changes, including, but not limited to the following matters:
• Move building regulations to appropriate chapter;
• Add to or modify existing definitions;
• Add definitions used in code but not previously defined;
• Add to or modify existing sections;
• Moratorium of new mobile homes and conditions on replacement of mobile homes;
• Remove mobile home “no objection” requirement;
• Eliminate R-7 and R-8 Zones;
• Delete parts of Land Use Principles;
• Provide enforcement mechanisms for existing ordinances;
• Correct Zoning Map error;
• Remove requirement for Council Members to sign Zoning map;
• Add a $200 fee for modification of existing commercial buildings.
The Mayor answered questions regarding enforcement mechanisms for existing ordinances and the need or reason for modifying the existing definition of “Family”. There was no further discussion and no opposition to the changes.
Upon motion of Mrs. Purnell, seconded by Mr. Fontenot, the Public Hearing was closed.
Mr. Fontenot made a motion to recommend the changes as proposed in Ordinance #1 of 2010 and the amendment and re-adoption of the official Zoning Map of the Town of Brusly. Mr. Perkins seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
There was no other business submitted for the Planning or Zoning Commission.
Mr. Fontenot made a motion to adjourn. Mrs. Purnell seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
The meeting of the Planning & Zoning Commission adjourned at 6:55 PM.
Marianne Berthelot, Secretary