Sugar Kettle

At the May 12, 2003 Town Meeting, Mayor Joey Normand presented a copy of the text etched on a plaque which will be placed on a sugar kettle donated by Vernon and Joyce P. Caffarel to the Town of Brusly during the Centennial Celebration. The kettle is located in the Memorial Plaza outside the Town Hall.

The plaque reads…

OPEN SUGAR KETTLES ORIGINALLY USED TO PRODUCE GRANULATED SUGAR WERE PHASED OUT STARTING IN ABOUT 1830. THIS KETTLE, PURCHASED FROM CINCLARE PLANTATION IN THE 1960S BY VERNON AND JOYCE PEAVY CAFFAREL, WAS USED TO WATER LIVESTOCK. IT WAS DONATED BY THEM TO THE TOWN OF BRUSLY, IN COMMEMORATION OF THE BRUSLY CENTENNIAL OCTOBER 2001, TO BE ENJOYED BY PRESENT AND FUTURE GENERATIONS.