A meeting of the Town of Brusly Landmark and Heritage Commission was held on Monday, October 19, 2009 in the Council Chambers, Brusly Town Hall, Brusly, Louisiana. Chairman Jim Rills opened the meeting at 6:30 PM.
Voting Members Present: Jim Rills, Shane Sarradet, Margaret Canella, Rose Jackson, Shirley Jordan.
Voting Members Absent: None
Non-voting Members Present: Kevin Durbin, Brian Falcon.
Non-voting Members Absent : Jason Creighton.
Others present: Marianne Berthelot, Joanne Bourgeois, Edith Owens.
Upon motion of Mrs. Canella, seconded by Mr. Sarradet, the minutes of the April 20, 2009 meeting were approved as written.
LANDMARK PLAQUE APPLICATIONS:
1. The following plaque applications were reviewed:
1) Nadine Dupuy – Guy & Julia “Tan” Dupuy Home
2) Kim & Julie S. Lemoine – Beatrice & Lawrence Thompson Home
3) Chad & Calista Daigle – Wilma Courtade Home
4) Sherry L. Pourciau – Lynn Pourciau Home
5) Edwin “Bub” & Cecile T. LeJeune – Edwin & Cecile LeJeune Home
6) Tommy Daigle – Clifford Landry Home
7) Sara M. Grady – McDempsey Home
8) Lisa & Roger Daggett – Lockmaster House
9) Jeremy Landry – Ermine & Omer Allain Home
10) Anita Thibodeaux – Larry & Anita Thibodeaux Home
11) H. L. Laws -Stonewall House
All applications submitted met criteria. Mrs. Canella made a motion to recommend approval of the applications to the Town Council. Mr. Sarradet seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
PLAQUE AWARDS CEREMONY
Upon approval of the applications by the Town Council, members voted to hold the Fourth Round Awards Ceremony on Saturday December 12, 2009 at 3:00 PM in the Council Chambers.
YEARLY REVIEW OF LANDMARKS
The Secretary read a list of the twenty-nine homes awarded plaques in May and December of 2008. Members agreed that all the homes continue to meet criteria.