MINUTES OF THE BRUSLY LANDMARK & HERITAGE COMMISSION October 19, 2020 A meeting of the…
MINUTES OF THE BRUSLY LANDMARK & HERITAGE COMMISSION
January 25, 2021
A meeting of the Brusly Landmark and Heritage Commission was held on Monday January 25, 2121, at Brusly Town Hall, Brusly, Louisiana. Chairman Rills called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM. Commissioner Bourgeois led the Pledge of Allegiance. A roll call determined the following:
Commission Chairman: Jim Rills
Commission Members Present: Billy Bourgeois, Margaret Canella, Edward Dupuy,
Commission Members Absent: Rose Jackson, Shirley Jordan, Henry Soniat
Advisory Members Present: Brian Falcon
Advisory Members Absent: Scarlet Callicoatte, Billy Hebert
Others present: Joanne Bourgeois
Upon motion by Commissioner Bourgeois; seconded by Commissioner Canella, the minutes of the October 19, 2020, meeting were unanimously approved as written.
Landmark Plaque Applications:
Ms. Joanne Bourgeois narrated a slide presentation accompanying Landmark Plaque applications for the following homes:
- 395 LA Hwy 1 North – The Solvay Pump House, built circa 1940 (currently owned by Richard (Dickie) Hebert);
- 444 Lee Drive – built in 1966 (currently owned by Barbara Knotts);
- 343 St. Mary Street – built in 1964 (currently owned by Elaine Barber);
- 348 St. Mary Street – built in 1969 (currently owned by David Barber);
Upon the conclusion of the presentation, a motion to recommend the homes to the Town Council as Landmark Plaque recipients was made by Commissioner Dupuy; seconded by Commissioner Bourgeois. The motion passed unanimously.
Former Landmark Site Applications: None
Other Business: None
Ms. Bourgeois shared a brief update on the St. James Park Project.
A motion was made by Commissioner Bourgeois to adjourn; seconded by Commissioner Canella. The motion passed with a unanimous vote. Commission Chairman Rills adjourned the meeting at 6:51 PM
/s/Patricia Gaudet Thibodaux, Secretary